The question people ask me most often is, “How do I do a plan for getting out of the rat race or expanding my wealth?” My answer is, “Make one up.” Then, I feel the confusion creeping into their mind.
“What do you mean make one up? How? I don’t understand! I don’t know where to start. I’m overwhelmed. I need help.” Or, “I’m doing well for myself already. I don’t need a wealth plan. I’m following a plan already.”
So, below is the way I design a plan that will get me from point A (their current cash flow patterns) to Point B (the tangible and intangible financial desires I hold at arm’s length). Even if you bring in a 6-digit income, a plan is CRITICAL. I’ve outlined rules, explanations, obstacles, and inquiries.
Even if you bring in a 6-digit income, a wealth plan is CRITICAL. I’ve outlined some simple rules to get you.
- Start with a visioning process.
- It must include a separate plan for security, comfort, and wealth (as explained in Robert Kiyosaki’s, “Rich Dad’s Guide To Investing.”
- Each plan must support and align with the plan for wealth.
- Each plan must align with your personal values, regardless of the way other wealthy folks have created assets.
- The process of designing the plan and carrying it out must be fulfilling and light (I did not say casual).
- Get feedback on your plan by someone other than your spouse or business partner. Somebody who is qualified.
- Stick to the plan.